Executive Director Job Description:
The Executive Director is the key management leader of Men Stopping Violence (MSV). The Executive Director is responsible for overseeing the administration, programs and strategic plan of the organization, which includes fundraising, marketing, and community outreach. The Executive Director is governed by the Board of Directors.
Leadership & Board Relations
- Responsible for leading MSV in a manner that supports and guides the organization’s mission;
- Reports and provides accountability and success measures to the Board of Directors, which provides oversight and governance and ensures growth and stability for the organization;
- Reports to and works closely with the Board of Directors in fundraising and increasing the overall visibility of the organization;
- Participates in regular meetings with the Board of Directors;
- Provides the Board of Directors with information and materials necessary to facilitate its governance of the organization;
- Demonstrates and communicates a deep working knowledge of male violence against women, as well as an awareness of the environment affecting the organization;
- Works with the Board and Staff to develop a Strategic Plan;
- Oversees the execution of the Strategic Plan;
- Builds a collaborative environment that attracts, retains, and motivates a diverse staff of top quality staff and volunteers;
- Works with Board to identify, recruit, and orient new board members.
Management & Administration
- Operates with a sound understanding of legal issues governing the organization;
- Develops resources sufficient to ensure the financial health of the organization;
- Maintains and enhances sound financial and administrative policies and practices;
- Establishes employment and administrative policies and procedures for all functions and for the day-to-day operation of MSV;
- Is responsible for recruitment, hiring, training, and supervision of all personnel;
- Ensures that job descriptions are developed, conducts regularly scheduled performance evaluations, and ensures sound human resource practices are in place;
- Responsible for reviewing, approving, and signing notes, agreements, and other instruments made and entered into and on behalf of the organization;
- Works with the Board Treasurer to monitor finances, propose an annual budget and submit to the Board monthly financial statements, which accurately reflect the financial condition of the organization;
- Responsible for fiscal management that generally anticipates operating within the approved budget, ensures maximum resource utilization, and maintenance of the organization in a positive financial position;
- Monitors and evaluates effectiveness of programs through evaluation and marketing efforts;
- Continually assesses staff roles and responsibilities, assigning staff to support organizational demands as appropriate;
- Identifies potential grants and is primarily responsible for writing grant applications;
- Reviews and monitors grants and contracts to ensure the timely completion of obligations, including submission of written and financial reports,
- Maintains official records and documents, and ensures compliance with federal, state and local regulations.
Fundraising/Donor Relations/Community Relations
- Responsible for fundraising and developing other resources necessary to support MSV’s mission;
- Oversees marketing and other communication efforts;
- Serves as MSV’s primary ambassador to its constituents, the media, and the general public;
- Supported by the Board, represents MSV to potential donors;
- Effectively works with the Board and Staff toward meeting its fundraising goals;
- Leads efforts to coordinate and articulate MSV’s advocacy and public relations;
- Builds awareness of the organization through focused outreach;
- Fosters relationships with the organization’s stakeholders, including government entities;
- Develops and maintains collaborative, respectful strategic relationships with partner organizations and agencies.
Compensation for the Executive Director position is competitive and includes comprehensive health insurance.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to the search chair, Roy Reese, at email@example.com. Please contact Mr. Reese if you have questions about the position. To learn more about Men Stopping Violence, visit our website. www.menstoppingviolence.org